It’s iced tea season! Turn your favourite fruit tea into this deliciously refreshing no-caffeine summer drink. Garnish with seasonal berries and herbs for the perfect healthy go-to beverage. Chilled tea can be frozen into treats or turned into refreshing cocktails or sangria so make extras!
Easy Summer Berry Iced Tea Recipe
* 2 Tablespoons of Summer Berry Fruit Tea (or fruit tea of choice)
* 3 Cups pure water, boiled
* Honey or *simple syrup
* Fresh seasonal berries of choice
* Slices of lemon, orange or lime
* Sprig of fresh herbs
* Ice cubes
* Optional: a splash of spirits
* Add tea to a tea pot or heat proof container
* Bring pure filtered water to a full rolling boil
* Pour water over tea, cover and steep 10 – 15 minutes
* Strain tea and stir in honey or simple syrup to taste
* Fill 2 glasses with ice cubes or crushed ice and pour in tea
* Add a splash of spirits if using (vodka, gin, white rum or tequila)
* Garnish with fresh berries, citrus slices and herbs of choice
Makes 2 large or 3 small servings of iced tea
* Simple syrup: In a saucepan bring 1 part sugar and 1 part water (1 cup to 1 cup) to the simmer. Stir until sugar dissolves. Cool and store in fridge. Will keep for weeks,
* Make extra tea and freeze into tea-cubes. Use instead of water ice cubes so tea doesn’t become diluted as ice cubes melt.
* Freeze tea and berries into popsicle containers for iced treats.
* For more tips and ideas see Fruit Teas