A refreshingly delicious iced tea with the classic taste of premium Orange Pekoe makes this one a sure winner.
Classic English Breakfast Iced Tea Recipe
*4 Tbls. Organic English Breakfast Tea
* 4 Cups pure water, boiled
* 3-4 Tbsp. local honey (sweeten to your taste)
* Juice of 1-2 lemons or oranges
* Slices of 1 lemon or orange
* Sprigs of fresh mint or basil
* Ice (or tea cubes – see tips below)
*In a large saucepan bring water to a full rolling boil
*Turn off heat and add in tea
*Cover and steep 4 – 5 minutes (or until desired strength is achieved. The longer black tea is steeped, the more tannins are pulled from the tea leaf and the more astringent/bitter the tea becomes.)
*Strain into a heatproof pitcher and stir in honey to melt
*Let tea cool and store in fridge
*For serving: Add the juice of 1 – 2 lemons or oranges to the tea
* Pour into ice filled glasses and garnish with lemon or orange slices and fresh mint or basil
Makes 4 servings of iced tea
* Make extra iced tea and freeze into tea-cubes. Use instead of water ice cubes so the tea doesn’t become diluted as the ice melts.
* Add a splash of gin or vodka and a drizzle of orange liqueur for a dynamite cocktail. Garnish with orange slices and basil.
* Add a splash of gin or vodka and a drizzle of lemon liqueur for an equally tasty drink. Garnish with lemon slices and mint.
* For more tips and ideas go to Organic English Breakfast Tea