Rub-a-dub-dub make your own tea-soak for the tub! It’s simple to do and uses herbs, flowers and spices you probably already have in your pantry. Pre-blended herbal or green teas also make excellent tea-tub soaks. *Teas that heal and soothe you on the inside, can do the same on the outside. Simply scoop into a reusable cotton tea bag and toss in the tub. It’s the perfect way to use up any leftover dried herbs, flowers or teas from last season. There’s no rules or recipes, simply mix and match to create a soothing soak you love! Tea Tubs make lovely gifts for the holidays. Personalize with the name of the soak, including ingredients.
Easy DIY Herbal Tea Tub Soak
TEA TUB HERBAL SOAKS
Here’s some ideas to get you started –
Calming soak: Lavender, chamomile, rose petals, calendula
Rejuvenating soak: Peppermint, rosemary, lemon balm, lemon grass, lemon peel
Soft skin soak: Rose petals, calendula, ground almonds, cardamom
Cold & flu soak: Eucalyptus, spearmint, lemon balm, citrus peels
Muscle soak: Eucalyptus, rosemary, sage and either lavender or cinnamon
• Oatmeal, milk powder, Epsom salts or pink salts
• Natural evergreens like bay, fir or pine (grind or mash to a pulp to release oils)
• Save those lemon, orange and grapefruit peels – they make wonderfully fragrant additions
• A few drops of essential oils
Simply add 2-3 scoops of your choice of ingredients into a reusable cotton tea bag. Add in a scoop of any extras you would enjoy, tie and toss into the tub. Now lay back and relax!
* Know your allergies – if any ingredients are a concern be sure to do a skin patch test BEFORE you jump in a tub full of flowers and herbs!