Iced Blueberry Tea Recipe
* 2 Tbls. Fraser Valley Blueberry Fruit Tea
* 3 Cups pure water, boiled
* Local honey (sweeten to your taste)
* Slices of lemon or orange
* Sprigs of fresh lavender, mint or basil
* Ice (or tea cubes – see tips below)
* In a small sauce pot bring water to a full boil
* Turn off heat and add fruit tea
* Steep 15-30 minutes
* Strain and chill tea (can be made in advance)
* Fill 2 glasses with ice cubes and pour in chilled tea
* Garnish with fresh or frozen berries or fruit of choice
Makes 2 large servings of iced tea
* Make extra tea and freeze into tea-cubes. Use instead of water ice cubes so tea doesn’t become diluted as ice cubes melt.
* Add a splash of gin or vodka and a drizzle of lemon or orange liqueur for a dynamite cocktail. Garnish with frozen blueberries and slice of citrus.
* Can be made 2-3 days in advance and kept in fridge. Or freeze in deli containers and thaw as needed.
* Freeze tea and berries into popsicle containers for iced treats.
* For more tips and ideas go to Fruit Teas.
NOTE: As with all herbs, leaves, roots and flowers, allergies and side effects are possible. Know your allergens and always check with your health care provider before consuming flowers for medicinal purposes.