Serve these pretty as a picture flower cheese rolls for a no-bake summer appetizer or delight your guests at an afternoon tea party. Easy to make, lovely to serve, and so delicious to eat! Use local goat cheese and edible flowers from your garden or farmers market. Just make sure flowers are non-sprayed and safe to consume. Makes 2 rolls.
Flower Goat Cheese Rolls Recipe
TEA PAIRING: Lovely served with LAVENDER EARL GREY
* 250 ml (8 oz) soft Goat Cheese (creamy style)
* 100 ml (3 oz) Mascarpone Cheese
* ½ cup chopped non-sprayed nasturtium leaves or herbs of choice
* 2 cups of seasonal non-sprayed edible flower petals (divided)
* 1 teaspoon lemon zest
* 1 teaspoon cracked pink peppercorns
* Pinch of Salt
* A few whole flowers to press on outside of rolls
* Optional: 1 teaspoon honey
* Gently rinse flowers and herbs, lay on clean towel to dry
* Let cheeses sit at room temperature for 30 minutes – they will be easier to mix
* Mash together goat cheese, mascarpone, salt and honey if using, until blended
* Gently fold in peppercorns, leaves and/or herbs along with 1 cup of petals
* Form cheese mixture into 2 logs and roll in remaining petals and flowers. Press a few whole flowers into the rolls
* Chill until firm
* Serve on edible leaves with crackers, small baguette or thickly sliced zucchini rounds
Makes 2 rolls
* Wax or parchment paper helps form the rolls.
* If mixture is too soft to roll put back in fridge till firmer.
* Rolls can be made the day before but do not roll in petals until the day of serving. Take rolls out of fridge 30 minutes to soften slightly, then roll in petals and serve or return to fridge until serving time.
NOTE: As with all herbs, leaves, roots and flowers, allergies and side effects are possible. Know your allergens and always check with your health care provider before consuming flowers for medicinal purposes.