Quench your thirst with a refreshing Iced Lavender Lemon Sipper! Make it with fresh or dried lavender and enjoy this delicious sipper as an iced tea or add spirits and bubbly for a dynamite cocktail.
Iced Lavender Lemon Sipper Recipe
• 6 cups of pure filtered water
• 2 tablespoons of organic dried lavender or 4 tablespoons of fresh lavender
• ½ cup sugar, to taste or sweetener of choice (honey, agave)
• 3 lemons, juiced
• 3 or 4 petals of organic hibiscus will add a beautiful colour
• 3 cups of ice
• Additional ice, lemon slices, lavender stems and mint sprigs for garnish
• Optional Cocktails: Add a splash of chilled vodka or gin for a dynamite cocktail or top with chilled Prosecco for a delicious bubbly
• Put glasses in the fridge to chill while making the sipper
• In a large saucepan bring water to a full rolling boil
• Remove from heat, add lavender, cover and steep 15 minutes
• Add sugar or sweetener of choice to a heat-proof pitcher
• Strain lavender water over the sugar and stir to dissolve
• Stir in lemon juice
• Add 3 cups of ice and stir to chill
• Fill chilled glasses half full of ice and pour over lavender lemon tea (add spirits if using) and garnish with lemon, lavender stems and mint
• If adding Prosecco cut back on the amount of ice in the glass and top with chilled bubbly. Garnish as above.
Makes 1 pitcher or 4 glasses
• Lavender Simple Syrup: In a saucepan bring 2 cups of water and 2 cups of sugar to a boil. Simmer just until sugar is fully dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in 1 heaped tablespoon of dried lavender. Steep uncovered until mixture is room temperature.
• Once cooled, strain, bottle and store in fridge for up to a month.
• Delicious drizzled over ice cream or pancakes, stirred into teas to sweeten or added to drinks and cocktails.