Warm your body and soul this holiday season with a delicious mulled winter warmer. Filled with warm spices, fruits and berries teas can be brewed with or without alcohol for the perfect, comforting holiday drink. Extra tips below for using spiced teas to create a fabulous winter fruit dessert!
Hot Mulled Winter Warmers
UPDATED DECEMBER 6TH 2022
• 3 heaped teaspoons of Culinary Blossom holiday tea
Spiced Merlot Wine Black OR Mulled Cranberry Spice Tea OR Sweet Ice Wine are delicious choices
• 2 ½ cups pure filtered water
• Honey or sweetener of choice, to taste
• Fresh orange slices and cinnamon stir stick
• Optional: Red wine if using Spiced Merlot Wine Tea
• Optional: Brandy or spirits of choice if using Mulled Cranberry Spice Tea
• Optional: White wine if using Sweet Ice Wine
• In a sauce pot on stove bring water to a boil
• Remove from heat and add in 3 teaspoons of your choice of tea
• Cover and steep 5 minutes
• Strain and put back sauce pot on stove. Heat to desired temperature (DO NOT ALLOW TO BOIL) and add spirits if using. Add sweetener if desired.
Pour into glass mugs, garnish with cinnamon stick and orange slice – enjoy!
Makes 2 servings
Mulling tea makes a delicious broth for poaching fresh pears or dried winter fruits (plums, cherries, figs) into luscious desserts.
• Make a triple strength brew of tea (3 teaspoons of tea per 1 cup of water)
• For each cup of liquid sweeten to taste with 1 tablespoon of honey or maple syrup AND 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
• Add wine or spirits if using
• Poach fresh or dried fruits as per your recipe.
• If using dried fruits, cool in poaching liquid. If using fresh pears remove from liquid and cool separately.
• Optional: Poaching liquid can be reduced by half, cooled and drizzled over dessert.
• Serve with a dollop of freshly whipped vanilla scented cream and a pinch of cinnamon. Heavenly!