Treat yourself to this gentle, fragrant rose petal scrub for wonderfully soft and silky skin! This easy to make, all-natural scrub, reduces redness leaving skin smooth and well-nourished. Rose petals are a rich source of vitamin A, B3, C, D and E, with anti-inflammatory and ant- bacterial properties. Aside from being beautiful to behold, the fragrance of roses is said to reduce stress and uplift moods. Roses create a state of relaxation which in turn aids insomnia making this scrub the perfect nighttime indulgence for body and soul. Relax afterward with a cup of Pink Rose Milk Latte and you’ll be in dreamland before you know it!
Rose Petal Sugar Scrub
• 1 ½ cups organic raw sugar (don’t use fine-grain refined sugar)
• ½ cup coarse grind Himalayan Pink Sea Salt
• 1 cup fresh organic rose petals OR ½ cup of dried rose petals
• ½ cup organic almond or coconut oil (use more oil for a wetter scrub, less oil for a drier scrub)
• 4-6 drops organic rose oil (depending on how fragrant petals are)
• Glass jar with lid
• Coarse grind rose petals in a food processor and set aside
• Measure oil into a small glass measuring cup, then add in drops of rose oil
• In a small mixing bowl add sugar and salt.
• Scoop petals into dry sugar/salt mix and stir together
• Pour oil over the dry mix and stir to combine.
• Spoon into a glass jar with a lid
Gently rub on your skin while showering, then rinse away. The results are deliciously fragrant, soft and silky skin!
For a lavender sugar scrub replace roses in the recipe with fresh or dried lavender and use a few drops of lavender essential oil. Or for a lovely lavender-rose scrub, combine 1/2 of each flower and use whichever essential oil you prefer to scent the scrub with.
Know your allergies – if any ingredients are a concern be sure to do a skin patch test BEFORE you scrub your body with flowers or herbs.