Happy Halloween! No tricks, just a delicious treat – when you make this frighteningly good Spiced Cranberry Fruit Cocktail Sipper!
Spiced Cranberry Fruit Cocktail Sipper
Makes 1 large serving
• 1 ½ cups (12 oz.) *brewed Cranberry Apple Rose Hip Tea
• 1-2 teaspoons of brown sugar, honey, or sweetener of choice
• 1 strip of orange peel
• 1 slice of fresh ginger
• 1-2 whole cloves
• Sliced apples and/or pears
• Garnish with orange slice and cinnamon stick
Optional: 1 shot of spiced spirits (suggest spiced rum) or substitute fresh apple cider
• In a small pot bring brewed cranberry apple tea (or juice), sweetener, strip of orange peel, slice of ginger and clove just to the simmer. Add apple cider now, if using. Let flavors get to know one another over low heat for 5 minutes
• While they’re mingling, warm a large mug and add sliced apples and/or pears
• Remove the orange strip, ginger and clove, and pour hot tea into the warmed mug
• Add optional spiced spirits and garnish with an orange slice and cinnamon stick. Enjoy!
* To brew Cranberry Apple Rose Hip Tea for this recipe use: 2 heaped teaspoons of tea per 1 ½ cups (12 oz.) of freshly boiled water. Steep 5-7 minutes. Strain and proceed with the recipe.