Pumpkins – one of the most delightful gifts from the fall garden makes this once a year Spiced Pumpkin Chai a top favourite! If you love warm spices and the flavour of pumpkin then this is the tea for you! Premium black tea is filled with chunks of pumpkin and our special chai spice blend – no preservatives, no additives, no sugar! You add what you like – so fire up your sauce pot along with these few simple tips to make the BEST Spiced Pumpkin Chai you’ve ever tasted!
The Best Spiced Pumpkin Chai Latte
Makes 2 servings – 1 for you and 1 to share
UPDATED SEPTEMBER 2022
• 4 heaped teaspoons of Organic Spiced Pumpkin Chai
• 3 cups milk of choice. (Use ½ pure water and ½ milk for a less creamy latte)
• 2+ teaspoons of local honey, or to taste (or sweetener of choice)
• Ground Chai Spice or ground cinnamon for dusting and a cinnamon stir stick
• Optional: Heavy cream, lightly whipped or your choice of whipped topping
• Optional: Salted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
• Optional: A shot of spiced rum
• Put a medium-size saucepan over medium heat and add milk or milk-sub/water
• Bring just to the boil (small bubbles around the edges) don’t let it come to a full boil
• Turn heat down to the lowest setting
• Add Spiced Pumpkin Chai
• Steep 4 minutes – don’t let it boil, you’re just keeping it hot over the lowest setting while it steeps. (Turn heat off, cover and remove from the heat if necessary to keep it from getting too hot)
• Strain into a warmed heatproof vessel with a spout
• Add sweetener to taste
• Add spiced rum if using
• Froth if desired and then pour into 2 warmed mugs
• Top with whipped cream – and the optional sprinkle of pepitas
• Dust with Ground Chai Spice or ground cinnamon and add a cinnamon stir stick
• If you prefer a stronger chai, rather than steeping longer, simply add another teaspoon of chai. Steeping black tea too long will pull out extra tannins creating bitterness.
• Spiced Pumpkin Chai can be used to create many different delicious foods and baked goods. Simply brew with water instead of milk and use the spiced broth in recipes.