Did you know that .your body needs to transition to a new season? And that ‘spring fever’ is not just an expression, but actually real? As the weather changes, our body changes physically and emotionally. On the positive side those emotions include feelings of excitement, restlessness, and energy. On the negative side is ‘springtime lethargy’ which can cause fatigue and depression.
Q. So what is the answer to transitioning to a new season?
A. Balance your spring energy!
Q. And how do you do that?
A. With what you eat and drink!
Some Quick Tips:
• Lighten up on the carbs and add spring greens to your morning smoothie or dinner plate
• On COOL spring days eat and drink warm foods and teas that include ginger, cinnamon, and turmeric
• On WARM spring days eat and drink room temperature or cool foods and teas that include lemon, peppermint, nettle, lemon balm, dandelion, and green tea
• Get started with a cup of this gentle cleansing spring tea and drink either warm or cool
Gentle Spring Cleanse Tea
MAKES 1 LARGE CUP
• 1 ¼ cups pure water, freshly boiled
• ½ organic lemon, juiced
• 1 slice of fresh ginger
• Small slice of fresh turmeric root or a pinch of ground turmeric
• Pinch of ground cayenne pepper
* Honey or sweetener of choice, if desired
Optional: 1 heaped teaspoon of green tea
• In a small pot bring water to a full rolling boil
• Remove for heat and add all the ingredients
• If using green tea steep 5 minutes
• If omitting grey tea steep 10 minutes
• Strain into a mug and sip warm, room temperature or cool
Happy spring days!