Sweet, salty, spicy, crunchy and delicious – These Best Chai-Spiced Nuts with be the top hit at your next gathering. Perfect to munch on, toss in salads and desserts, or package for gift-giving, Chai Spiced Nuts are a great go-to for the holidays. Make extras as once you try these spiced nuts you won’t be able to stop eating them!
The Best Chai-Spiced Nuts
• 1 pound of whole mixed fancy nuts (454 grams)
• 1 large pasture- raised egg, white only (save yolk for another use)
• 1 teaspoon cool water
• 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla
• 1/2 to 3/4 cup organic cane sugar
• 2 tablespoons of pure maple syrup
• 1 teaspoon pink salt or kosher salt
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1 tablespoon of Ground Chai Spice
• Preheat oven to 275 F (140 C)
• Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper
• In a small bowl combine sugar, salt and ground spices
• In medium bowl (large enough to hold the nuts) whisk egg white, vanilla and water until lightly frothed
• Add nuts and stir until well coated in egg whites
• Drizzle in the maple syrup and toss again to coat
• Sprinkle sugar/spice mixture over the wet nut mixture and toss to fully coat
• Spread in a single layer on the parchment lined baking sheet
• Bake 45 minutes until the sugar coating is set and golden brown
• Remove from oven and let cool on the baking sheet, The sugar coating will become harder as it cool
• Store in an airtight container for 3-4 weeks
• Optional: Toss 1/2 cup chopped candied ginger in the nuts as soon as they come out of the oven. Cool completely on baking sheet before storing.
• Chai Spice Nuts make lovely holiday or host/hostess gifts. Package in attractive containers or cello bags and tie with seasonal ribbon.