Pamper your tootsies and get them ready for spring with this fragrant herbal foot soak. The acidity from the green tea helps remove tough skin and callouses while rose softens the skin, lavender relaxes the muscles and mint cools and freshens the feet. It’s a rejuvenating, energizing soak that gets tired winter tootsies ready to see the sunlight again!
Herbal Green Tea Foot Soak
• 1/4 cup of organic green tea of choice – either Peacock, Chunmee or Tianmu Ming
• 1/2 cup of organic rose petals
• 1/4 cup of organic lavender blossoms
• 1/4 cup of organic peppermint leaves
Optional but recommended: 1/2 cup of Epsom Salts
In a medium bowl mix all ingredients together well, and divide between 2 reusable cotton tea bags
1. To start – fill a foot soaking basin with 4 liters (2 quarts) of hot water
2. To create the soak – in a teapot or heatproof container steep 1 herbal foot soak in 2 cups of boiled water for 10 minutes
3. Pour steeping water as well as the foot soak bag into the soaking basin of hot water. Leave the herbal bag in the foot soak so it continues to infuse the water
4. Test the water temperature and adjust to your comfort level before popping in your tootsies. Soak feet for 10- 15 minutes, relax and enjoy!
5. Once you’re finished soaking use a foot scrub to remove any dead skin. Dry feet well and moisturize with your favourite foot balm
* Know your allergies – if any ingredients are a concern be sure to do a skin patch test BEFORE you put your feet into a foot soak of flowers and herbs!