Do you love pumpkin pie? Then you’ll love this thick, rich pumpkin dessert latte! So, what’s the secret ingredient to making it so thick and rich? It’s pumpkin pie filling! Quick, easy and oh so delicious, once you try it you can’t go back! Add a splash of rum or your favourite spirits to create a dynamite drink latte.
Spiced Pumpkin Pie Dessert Latte
* 2 heaped teaspoons Spiced Pumpkin Pie Black Tea
* 1 ½ cups milk or plant milk
* 1-2 teaspoons maple syrup
* 1 heaped tablespoon of cooked pumpkin pie filling
* Garnish with ground cinnamon or spice of choice
* Whipped cream or steamed milk foam
* Optional: A splash of rum or your favourite spirits
* Put milk in a saucepot over medium heat and bring just to the simmer (small bubbles around the edges) turn down heat to lowest setting and keep milk hot (but don’t let it boil!) stir in pumpkin pie filling to dissolve.
* Add Spiced Pumpkin Pie Tea and partly cover pot with a lid – steep 5 minutes.
* Strain into a mug and taste for sweetness (cooked pie fillings vary in sweetness.)
* Stir in maple syrup (add spirits if using) and top with whipped cream or milk foam, sprinkle with ground spice and enjoy!
Makes 1 large serving
* Recipe can be easily doubled.
* Use cooked, pureed pumpkin or winter squash instead of cooked pie filling. Taste and adjust maple syrup and spices.