Celebrate September and the apple harvest with an Iced Sweet Apple Chai! Simple to make, refreshing to drink and the perfect sipper to top off iced tea season with. Naturally sweetened with honeybush and infused with warm spices, this no caffeine Chai can be enjoyed any time of day. Make your own black tea and spice blend (recipe here) or use our Organic Sweet Apple Chai blend for a quick and easy herbal chai. For cooler fall evenings serve warm and enjoy a hot apple toddy!
Iced Sweet Apple Chai Recipe
* 4 heaped teaspoons of Organic Sweet Apple Chai Herbal
* 2 ½ cups pure water
* Coarse raw sugar for rimming glasses
* Crisp apple slices for garnish
* Ice cubes
* Optional: Cinnamon stick
* Optional: Spiced rum or apple brandy
* Add chai to a heat proof container or teapot
* Pour over pure freshly boiled water
* Steep 10 minutes
* Strain and chill
* On a small plate mix a big pinch of ground cinnamon and a small pinch of salt into 2 tablespoons of coarse sugar
* Dip glasses in apple juice (or spirits if using) and rim in spiced sugar mixture
* Fill glasses with ice
* Divide chai between 2 glasses
* Add a splash of spirits if using
* Add slices of fresh apple and cinnamon stick. Enjoy!
Makes 2 servings
* If serving over ice – make extra apple sippers and freeze into tea-cubes. Use instead of water ice cubes so chilled sipper doesn’t become diluted as ice melts.
* Add a splash of spiced rum or apple brandy for a delicious cocktail. Or serve warm to enjoy a hot spiced apple toddy!